Health Services Information for our Care Wing
Health Services - Care Wing
At Mountainview Residence you will always get the intimate personal touch from our healthcare professional who you can trust and who will act on your behalf. When need arises, we liaison with families, physicians, CCAC and hospital staff.
Our Nurses and Personal Support Workers have extensive experience providing care for seniors who have a variety of illnesses, including: Parkinsons, Alzheimers, Dementia, Diabetes, Heart problems, Arthritis, Cancer Care and Osteoporosis.
Our weekly Basic Care package includes 24 hour emergency response system, weekly showering assistance, the administering of medications, blood tests, monitoring of weight and blood pressure, coordination with doctors, supervision of oxygen therapy.
Our Basic Care Service includes the following:
- Emergency Response
- Bathing assistance--twice weekly -in therapeutic bath/spa room
- Assistance with dressing (up to 30 minutes/day)
- Special dietary needs met and supervised
- Supervision of oxygen therapy
- Monthly monitoring of weights and blood pressure
- Blood tests
- Annual Flu shot clinic (flu shot is mandatory)
- Daily interaction with residents to monitor general well being and attendance at meals
- Co-ordination of Doctors & Specialists
- Wound Care/Wound dressing
- Peritoneal Dialysis (Assessed on an individual case basis--cost of supplies responsibility of resident)
- Palliative Care if needs can be met at Mountainview Residence as assessed by Health Services Manager
Medication & Treatment Supervision
- Our nursing staff administers all medications including insulin and injectables. Medications will be ordered and packaged in a manner consistent with facility guidelines* for safe administration as approved by the RHRA.
*Please note that associated pharmacy costs are the responsibility of the resident/responsible parties.
Services Included in monthly fee
If enhanced care service is needed or desired, available options will be discussed with the Administrator and the Health Services Manager.
"Our Aunt was living on her own and due to an illness was struggling with daily living. Once she was in and settled we noticed that her stress level dropped and her quality of life increased. She is happy."