Health Services Information for our Retirement Living Facility
At Mountainview Residence you will always get the intimate personal touch from our healthcare professional who you can trust and who will act on your behalf. When need arises, we liaison with families, physicians, CCAC and hospital staff.
Our Nurses and Personal Support Workers have extensive experience providing care for seniors who have a variety of illnesses, including: Parkinsons, Alzheimers, Dementia, Diabetes, Heart problems, Arthritis, Cancer Care and Osteoporosis.
Our weekly Basic Care package includes 24 hour emergency response system, weekly showering assistance, the administering of medications, blood tests, monitoring of weight and blood pressure, coordination with doctors, supervision of oxygen therapy.
Our Basic Care Service includes the following:
- Emergency response call bell system mounted in suite and bathroom
- Medication Administration*
- Supervision of oxygen therapy
- Monthly monitoring of weights and blood pressure
- Blood tests
- Annual Flu shot clinic (flu shot is mandatory)
- Daily interaction with residents to monitor general well-being and attendance at meals
- Co-ordination of Doctors & Specialists
- Palliative Care if needs can be met at Mountainview Residence as assessed by Health Services Manager
- Three meals served in the dining room and snacks in café
- Special diets accommodated (whenever possible)
- Assistance with showers
- First Aid
- Daily light and weekly complete housekeeping
- Linens bi-weekly & personal laundry weekly
- Organized clubs and social activities
- Group Physio as well as Physician Prescribed 1 on 1 physio
Medication & Administration
- If resident is fully compliant with medication instructions and wishes to continue to administer their own medications, assistance and supervision are given with regard to proper ordering* and administration;
- Our nursing staff administers all medications including insulin and injectables. Medications will be ordered and packaged in a manner consistent with facility guidelines* for safe administration as approved by the RHRA.
If enhanced care service is required, available options will be discussed with the Administrator and the Health Services Manager.
*Please note that associated pharmacy costs / dressing supplies are the responsibility of the resident/responsible parties.
"Our Aunt was living on her own and due to an illness was struggling with daily living. Once she was in and settled we noticed that her stress level dropped and her quality of life increased. She is happy."